REVISED: December 13, 2016
1. Information Collected Through Our Site
We gather two basic types of information through the Site: personally identifiable information that identifies a person as an individual ("Personal Information") and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person's specific identity ("Non-Personal Information").
- Personal Information. You do not have to provide Personal Information to use the Site. However, you may need to provide certain Personal Information to use some of our services. When you order Content or other paid products or services, we will need the shipping address, billing name and address, as well as the credit card number and expiration date.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
- Personal Information. We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which such Personal Information was provided (e.g., to fulfill your purchase or other transaction).
- Administrative Communications. From time to time we may send you service announcement updates with important information about Lulu Jr. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account, therefore members may not unsubscribe from service announcements.
- Other Communications. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products and promotions. We may also send you information on carefully screened third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from these mailings, you may do so.
- Contests and Surveys. We may occasionally request Personal Information through surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. The Personal Information collected is only used for purposes of improving user satisfaction with Lulu Jr. products and services, or in some cases, to notify winners and to deliver prizes. No Personal Information collected through these means is shared with or available to other third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes.
- Testimonials. Testimonials are used to show benefits to certain programs Lulu Jr. offers. Lulu Jr. always seeks consent prior to posting any testimonial in which Personal Information is included.
- Customer Service. Any Personal Information obtained through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as chat or emails, may be recorded to help us provide better service.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Combining Information. At times, we may combine Personal Information collected from our Site and other information you shared with us to customize our service to you and improve your experience. For example, we may recommend products or offers you may be interested in based on what you have liked in the past, or remind you that you have an "active" shopping cart waiting for you. Additionally, in order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submitted to us with information from third party sources. For example, we use the US Postal Service's national change of address database in order to verify customer mailing addresses.
- Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we might tell our business partners that a certain percentage of our customers live in California, while a different percentage live in New Jersey. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
- Third Party Service Providers. Lulu Jr. shares Personal Information with carefully screened third-party service providers to provide you with the products, services and information you have requested. Examples of such third-party service providers include credit card authorization companies, merchandise distributors, and shippers. Lulu Jr. has instructed these service providers not to store, retain or access your Personal Information except to provide our services to you.
- Third Party Products and Sites. Lulu Jr. also may share Personal Information with third parties to allow such third parties to provide you with the products, services and information that you have requested. This could include, but is not limited to packages of discounts, rebates, and promotional offers, that are not Lulu Jr. products, services or information. Such third parties from whom you have requested products, services and information will handle, store, retain, use, share and access Personal Information in accordance with the terms and conditions of their agreement(s) with you, as well as their own privacy policies, and may use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. It is your responsibility to carefully review such terms and conditions and privacy policies, and Lulu Jr. disclaims any and all liability relating thereto.
- Third Party Communications. Lulu Jr. also may share Personal Information with third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. Such third parties to whom we transfer Personal Information for direct marketing purposes will handle, store, retain, use, share and access Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is your responsibility to carefully review such terms and conditions and privacy policies, and Lulu Jr. disclaims any and all liability relating thereto. If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with such third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may submit an opt-out request as described in Section 6 ("Opt-Out") below.
- Forums. Through the Site, Lulu Jr. may make available forums to which you can post information and materials. These forums may include, for example, user forums and blogs. Please note that any information you disclose through such services becomes public information, and may be available to users of the Site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain Personal Information (for example, a user's name will appear next to a blog post or a user comment) will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, through the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THESE SERVICES.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. Lulu Jr. may disclose Personal Information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we don't share your information: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Lulu Jr., you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
4. Financial Information
When a user elects to order merchandise at Lulu Jr., We will collect the following information: a parent’s or legal guardian’s full name, e-mail address, credit card information, shipping address, billing address, and telephone number. We must share this information with third parties to the extent necessary to fulfill the order placed by the user. All credit card information is stored by Our merchant account provider for the purpose of processing credit card payments made to Lulu Jr.
We do not permit children under the age of 13 to place any orders without the express written permission of their parent or legal guardian. If We have reason to believe that a user under the age of 13 is attempting to place an order, the user will be asked to have a parent or legal guardian provide written authorization.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, the industry standard, to ensure secure commerce transactions by encrypting all of your personally identifiable information, including credit card numbers, name and address so that it cannot be read over the internet.
6. Third Party Disclosure
Other than for purposes of ordering merchandise, We do not share any personally identifiable information about any user, including any user under the age of 13, with any third party vendors or companies, unless We are required to do so by subpoena, court order or legal process or in order to exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may disclose general site statistics and group user information to partners, vendors, and other relevant parties. All such disclosures will be in an aggregate form and will not be able to be tied back to individual users.
7. Business Transfer
In the event that Lulu Press, Inc., LLC, which owns and operates the Lulu Jr. Website, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, user information will be one of the transferred assets. However, use of any information collected on children under the age of 13 will only be used in accordance with the policies set forth herein in compliance with COPPA.
8. Security Measures
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard your personally identifiable information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. While We implement the above security measures on the Website, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. As a result, while We strive to protect a visitor’s personally identifiable information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to Us or from Our online products or services, and a user does so at his/her own risk.
9. Changes and Notification
10. Jurisdictional Issues
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States of America, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States of America. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part of the Site, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits Our users who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact Us at: email@example.com.
FURTHER RESOURCES FOR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS OF OUR USERS
All such inquiries and comments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your e-mail address and telephone number so We can reach you to respond to your request.